Sunday, April 25, 2010

What can a criminal teach me?


Tear in the Desert by Ron Camarda, Ron Camrada, 2008, 288 pp.

What can a criminal teach me? Of course, he is not just any criminal, but the one who died beside Christ.

I have to say, I didn't finish the book, Tear in the Desert (I needed to read other things), but the author's comment about the repentant criminal struck me as something we should all consider.

"So often I want to pray to that criminal on the cross beside Jesus: Teach me how to admit our guilt and most importantly, to ask, plead, and cry out, 'Jesus, remember me when you come into your Kingdom.' 'Remember Dale!'"

Sadly, the author is referring to a soldier who had just died from wounds in Camp Fallujah in Iraq.

May we always remain close to Jesus and have the strength, courage, and wisdom to cry out, "Jesus, remember me when you enter upon your reign" (Luke 23: 42, NAB).

Tear in the Desert, A Journey into the Heart of the Iraq War with Navy Chaplain Father Ron Moses Camarda






No comments:

Post a Comment