Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Testimony of Hope

Testimony of Hope: The Spiritual Exercises of Pope John Paul IITestimony of Hope: The Spiritual Exercises of Pope John Paul II by Francis Xavier Nguyen Van Thuan, Pauline Books and Media, 2000.

Continuing with the previous posts.

"'I left everything to follow Jesus, because I love the defects of Jesus.'

The fifth defect : Jesus doesn't understand finances or economics.


Recall the parable of the workers in the vineyard. . . . (Mt 20:1-16).


If Jesus were named the administrator of a community or the director of a business, the institution would surely fail and go bankrupt. How can anyone pay someone who began working at 5:00 P.M. the very same wage paid to the person who has been working since early morning? Is this merely an oversight? Is Jesus' accounting wrong? No! He does it on purpose, as he explains, 'Can I not do what I want with what is mine? Or are you jealous because I am generous?' (Mt 20:15)."

No comments:

Post a Comment