Sunday, January 30, 2011

Testimony of Hope

Testimony of Hope: The Spiritual Exercises of Pope John Paul IITestimony of Hope: The Spiritual Exercises of Pope John Paul II by Francis Xavier Nguyen Van Thuan, Pauline Books and Media, 2000.

I haven't finished reading the book. But I "had" to share this snippet.

"'I left everything to follow Jesus, because I love the defects of Jesus.'

The first defect: Jesus has a terrible memory.

On the cross, during his agony, Jesus heard the voice of the thief crucified on his right, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom" (Lk 23:42). If I had been Jesus, I would have told him, 'I certainly will not forget you, but your crimes have to be expiated with at least twenty years of purgatory.' Instead, Jesus tells him, 'Today you will be with me in paradise' (Lk 23:43). He forgets all the man's sins. . . .

Jesus does not have a memory like mine. He not only pardons, and pardons every person, he even forgets that he has pardoned."

To be continued. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment